Farm-to-Table is a project of Community Giving Assistance Towards Employment (GATE), a 501(c)3 non-profit based in Glendive MT. Our Mission is to develop a sustainable local food system in Eastern Montana and Western North Dakota, increasing the vitality of our rural communities. Farm-to-Table works collaboratively with all sectors of the local food economy, including growers, value-added producers, restaurants, stores, institutional food services, and individual consumers to achieve our goal of a local food system.
We focus our work in the following areas:
- Educating the public about the economic, environmental, and social benefits of local food systems through our web site, special events, and media outreach.
- Increase consumer access to locally grown and produced food through promoting farmer's markets and creating a Local Buyer's Guide listing farms and food producers in the area.
- Increase grower/producer access to local markets through the Farm-to-Table Agricultural Producer's Marketing Co-op.
- Encourage local value-added food enterprises through the Food & Ag Development Center located at the Eastern Plains Events Center (EPEC), 313 S Merrill in Glendive. Caterers as well as entrepreneurs can use the facility for processing or food preparation. Director Garth Clingingsmith can help you develop your recipe, process and package it.
- Establish Dawson Community College's Culinary Arts Program. …
- Open a Farm-to-Table Restaurant overlooking the Yellowstone River at the corner of Bell & Clough in Glendive. It will be featuring a local and seasonal menu, microbrews and a view of the historic Bell Street Bridge and Yellowstone. Thanks to Community GATE and the Greater Glendive Community Foundation we were able to clean up the old site, level the land, and board up the broken windows at the GTA elevator.
We encourage you to join us! Find out how to join the co-op, volunteer or otherwise get involved.
Farm-to-Table targets the area within a 150 mile radius of Glendive, MT. For practical purposes, we define our area as including the following counties:
- Montana: Valley, Daniels, Sheridan, Roosevelt, McCone, Richland, Garfield, Dawson, Prairie, Wibaux, Rosebud, Custer, Fallon, Treasure, Powder River, and Carter.
- North Dakota: Divide, Williams, McKenzie, Dunn, Golden Valley, Billings, Stark, Slope, Hettinger, Bowman, and Adams.
Links to Our Partners